While those living in South Calcutta have quite a few posh localities to choose from, there have always been a few favorites like New Alipore, Ballygunge, Tollygunge, Jodhpur Park and Jadavpur. All these localities are prime destinations and if you want to buy a new apartment in Kolkata, anywhere in one of these regions it will be a good investment option. However, there is always a point of contention between some localities and Tollygunge and Jadavpur have always been under the radar. Both have a number of amenities and both have their own advantages. Let us have a look at both of them.
- Tollygunge in South Kolkata is huge and is divided into various zones.
- It has many other localities within it like Haridevpur and Rani Kuthi.
- The best thing about this region is its connectivity because anyone who has to commute frequently for work would get easy access through local trains, buses, autos and most importantly, the Metro or the underground railway network as it is known in India.
Even until few years back, Tollygunge Metro station used to be the last station in the North- South Metro Line and thus anyone wanting to go to the other parts of the city in that direction had to get down here. From here it is extremely easy to travel to destinations like Park Street, Camac Street, LL Nehru Road and other adjoining areas. It is the hub of the Bengali film industry as is home to Technician’s Studio and also the golf club. South City, one of the premium shopping malls in the city is situated just one metro stop prior to Tollygunge as it can be accessed by the Rabindra Sarobar Metro Station.
Most importantly, institutions like ITI Tollygunge, B.D. Memorial Institute, Future Foundation School, South Academy High School and a number of others are situated here. Local markets and shops are also easily to be found.
You may also like: Best Time to choose pre-approved Home Loan
The next place up for discussion is Jadavpur, also situated in another region of South Kolkata.
- It is a well known residential area but has been mostly made famous for Jadavpur University, one of the premium seats of learning in the city.
- The region has lots of hostel and paying guest facilities as well because of the students who study here.
- Although this region does not have the metro, it still has a number of local trains passing through the nearby intercity station and other nearby areas here are Garia, Santoshpur and Dhakuria, again made famous by the Dhakuria Lake.
Prices of residential properties in Kolkata are also a bit higher than certain places in Tollygunge and that is more so because of its closer proximity to other prime locations of the city like Prince Anwar Shah Road. Those considering a peaceful and posh neighborhood can definitely check out Jadavpur.
So as it can be seen that both these regions are prime locations and so it would be advisable to scout both of them before you invest here, depending on your own personal needs and requirements.