The fourth most populous city in India, Kolkata is the capital state of West Bengal. Kolkata, also known as the city of joy, is one of the main metropolitan cities that has established itself in the real estate market. The real estate scenario in Kolkata is experiencing a rapid growth in all segments i.e. from affordable to high-end properties. During the last 3 years, this city has experienced growth in real estate for apartments in Southern Kolkata as well as other parts such as B.T Road, Rajarhat, and so forth. The reason behind this is the affordable rates of apartments, well-connected roads, infrastructure and the standard of living.
Top Localities for Investment in Kolkata
- Rajarhat: This area enjoys road connectivity to the Belgharia Expressway, and the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass resulting in its connectivity to the southern and northern parts of the city. Rajarhat has a good connectivity to the submarket as well as the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport. Work on the metro railway is currently in process which will connect central Kolkata and Howrah with the Salt Lake.
- Maheshbathan: This area is situated between New town and Salt Lake Sector V. This region enjoys the same connectivity as Rajarhat. This area is developing rapidly due to its regional advantage.
- Garia: It is one of the most preferred locations for settling for young families. The area offers a pleasant neighbourhood and gated communities. The expansion of the EM Bypass into an eight-lane expressway, metro connectivity and the arrival of the Garia – Airport Link road has enhanced the connectivity in the area.
- Kasba: An extremely busy and popular locality well-connected to other areas of the city with flyovers and railway lines. Individual homes as well as apartment complexes can be found in this area. The families residing here are a mix of old and new immigrants.
- Jadavpur: Jadavpur University, the respected educational stalwart is located in Jadavpur. This region has become one of the most cosmopolitan areas to live in with gated communities. Moreover, newer families are residing in this area due to the famous 8B bus stand which provides services for buses to the rest of the city.
If you are looking to buy a house in Kolkata, you will have to spend a big amount of money. Therefore, applying for a home loan becomes imperative. You can check with various banks and Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC’s) that provide home loans at attractive interest rates and flexible repayment tenors and select the one that best suits your requirements.